Sunday, July 7, 2013
he just has to Jump
Yesterday at the pool Joe had it in his head that HE WAS GOING TO JUMP OFF THE DIVING BOARD. After getting permission from the life guard and securely putting a life jacket on him...Joe, Jay and I attempted the impossible.
He walked out onto the board three times.
On the second try a little boy ahead of him was taking his turn, he turned around (maybe 6 years old) and said " he doesn't talk like us does he?" I said, "no, not really."
He replied... "That's okay you know, he just has to JUMP!" (Favorite quote from the day.)
On the third try by God I thought he was going to jump, he was bouncing on the board and had the look of a Olympic fricken diver!!!! He got a foot from the edge and put on the breaks! I proceeded to scoop him up and gave him the wings he needed to fly, and with that I threw my child into the water!!!
After he submerged and Grandpa had grabbed him.... He chocked a bit on the water and gave me the "ARE YOU SERIOUS MOM" look.
He was pretty proud once he figured out he had some applause and cheering on afterwards
Welcome to the world of a fish my dear Joe.
& thank you little boy for giving me a child's innocence of reality.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment